Thursday, July 17, 2008

Condolence from Murray Height former PhD student

Dear Carolyn,

I wanted to send you a note to let you know how sad I am to hear about Jack passing away. I was hoping to be able to come to Boston for the memorial yesterday but was unfortunately unable to make it over in time from Switzerland. In any event, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

I have spent much time over the last week thinking about Jack and reflecting on memories of working with Jack at MIT. When I came to the US from Australia in 1999 I knew I wanted to work with Jack, and a big part of that was the friendly and straightforward manner in which he worked with people. I loved working towards my PhD and Jack had a way of challenging, supporting and nurturing that had a profoundly positive impact on the way that I think and look at the world. I appreciate every moment of my time at MIT and know that Jack was a big reason for that. I feel very fortunate to have known him and to be counted as a student of such an intelligent, gentle and wonderful man.

With love and deepest sympathy,
Murray

Murray HeightPhD. MIT Chief Technology Officer HeiQ Materials AGOffice
+41 (0)56 250 68 50Fax +41 (0)56 250 68 51Mob +41 (0)76 565 76 76 Email height@heiq.comWeb WWW.HEIQ.COMZürcherstrasse 425330

Bad ZurzachSwitzerlandHeiQ Materials AG is a Swiss Manufacturing Company of High-performance additives, Coatings and masterbatches for the Textile and Medical device industry.

No comments: